Senior Care Assistant
We are actively recruiting an ambitious, driven, and caring Senior Care Assistant for
our growing office.
Full driver’s license and access to own vehicle essential for Senior Care Jobs Swansea
- For weekday work we pay a flat rate of £12 per hour.
- For all weekend work, we pay a flat rate of £14 per hour.
- We also pay for all of your travel time, as well as a mileage rate of 30 pence per mile.
- We also pay holiday pay and pensions as well as offering guaranteed hour contracts.
- We pay on a fortnightly basis.
The Senior Care Assistant Role
We’re looking for a Senior Care Assistant to join our team to support our clients in their day-to-day lives, from personal care to social and recreational activities, acting as an expert on the health needs of our clients as well as a friendly face for them to talk to.
The Senior Care Assistant will work closely with our management, alongside other care staff, health professionals and our clients at their own homes.
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will be expected to promote all Living at Home core values and beliefs in every aspect of your role, from working with our fantastic clients to mentoring new Care Professionals.
- Great job satisfaction
- Be valued for the work you do
- Premium hourly rates and additional mileage pay
- £250 welcome bonus on completion of 12-week probation
- £12 to £14 per hour & 30p mileage
- Paid travel time
- As a private business, our calls are a minimum of one hour
- Refer a friend bonus = £250
- All private clients – no council contracts – plenty of time with the client
- Double pay on bank holidays
- Fortnightly pay
- City & Guilds (NVQ)-accredited training provided
- Real career progression
Senior Care Assistant
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Care Jobs Swansea Role
- Ensure the highest possible levels of care provision are delivered and maintained at all times following all Living at Home policies and procedures.
- Support and contribute actively to the training, shadowing and supervision, including spot checks, of existing and new staff in all aspects of their work
- Support, lead and mentor a team of employees on a day-to-day basis to ensure they perform to Living at Home standards of high quality
- Liaise closely with the Registered Manager at all times, reporting any concerns, changes or difficulties regarding staff or clients.
- Ensure a thorough knowledge, understanding and adherence to all company policies and procedures in line with CIW regulatory requirements.
- Participate and arrange team meetings and staff events to ensure the effective communication of business goals and objectives on a monthly basis
- Maintain clear, timely records such as communication sheets and MAR Charts, alerting the Registered Manager to any issues that may cause concern.
- Deal with all enquiries in a calm, friendly and professional manner to ensure you represent Living at Home effectively.
- Participate in the out-of-hours / on-call service when required
- Conduct client and employee introductions and familiarise the employee with the client file and care plan
- Organise work to effect maximum efficiency and value for money
- Building relationships with the clients and families to ensure we deliver personalised care
- Act on your own initiative and exercise decision-making skills as far as possible and wherever appropriate
- Personal Specification for Senior Care Jobs Swansea
- The ability to work on own initiative and as a team member
- Willingness to participate in continuing professional development
- Supervisory skills with the qualities to lead and motivate a team
- Flexible approach to work patterns/schedules
- Highly punctual and reliable at all times
- A caring and empathetic approach to our client group
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of two years ‘experience working within a health and social care setting.
- Experience in promoting well-being through a positive attitude and work ethic
- Ability to demonstrate a genuine passion for delivering excellent care
- Able to demonstrate good organisational and leadership skills
- Hold a full UK driving license and have access to your own vehicle
- Hold a Level 3 qualification in Health and Social Care
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Emotionally intelligent
We pride ourselves on delivering only the best quality service to all our clients.
We invest heavily in your training, promote a strong teamwork ethic, and make sure that you have the support and resources you need to reach your potential.
Whether you are already experienced or looking for progression, this could be the opportunity for you.
Full driver’s license and access to own vehicle essential for Senior Care Jobs Swansea.
|Job Category||Assistant, Full-Time, Part-Time, Senior|